BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ode to Gramma ♥


(That's my brother V.J., me (yes long sleeves because I'm always cold, even at the beach), Gina, Traci and Gramma)

The following tune is a song my gramma used to sing all the time.  All of us quickly learned the words since she could only remember 2 lines.  I sang it with her many, many times.  Every time I did, she would laugh and laugh and laugh!  I knew it would always put a smile on her face.  Our last song together was this past Sunday, Mother's Day.  This song will always be in my heart.

I love you Girlfriend! Frikka licka shaw nellick thaw!  Xoxo!


I get the blues when it rains the blues I can't lose when it rains
Each little drop that falls on my window pane
Always reminds me of tears I've shed in vain
I sit and wait for the sun to shine down on me once again
It rained when I found you rained when I lost you
That's why I get the blues when it rains
I get the blues when it rains...

The following video was when we visited her for her 95th birthday this past January...





3 comments:

Risa said...

but that made me cry... :0(
hopefully she is in a better place... and she knew how much u guys all loved her...

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I love that video of your gramma! She was so cute.

Holls said...

There was actually amore recent one from Mother's DAy that I took but this one she looked more happy :)