BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Light at the End of the Tunnel!


I just wanted to announce that I started my very last course in my Master's Program this week!  Words cannot describe how excited (and anxious) I am to be so close to finishing!  the time has flown by and I have enjoyed this program so very much.

Tomorrow morning I have an interview for a possible internship opportunity.  It is with an organization that focuses on adults with mental illnesses.  They focus on the homeless, including veterans.  It is a program that focuses on these individuals' strengths and help them realize their value and self worth to hopefully help them get back into the world.  One of the examples they use is turning a person who is too afraid to go in and order ice cream into the ice cream parlor's manager.  I loved this analogy and really want to help contribute to the program.  It's going to be rough working full time and working at least 16 hours a week fulfilling my practicum for the program, but I know it will be rewarding and help me put my education to work.

So, until December 11, I hereby resign from having a social life!  And then I will put it on hold at the end of the year while I study for my week long exit exam!  Eek!  I can't believe I almost have my Master's!  I feel so accomplished and know this new path I am taking will be quite the adventure!


0 comments: