BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

The Unplanned Adventures of Sisters... (Part Two)

And so we were off to Seattle! I have known my friend Nya for about 10 years. I worked with her at All Care and then she recruited me to Advanced Critical Care & Internal Medicine. then she moved to Denmark. she was my inspiration to just up and move to Hawaii. Why not?


On our way to Seattle, Ashley was sure to yell out Mt. Ranier again. We finally arrived to Nya's in the late afternoon. We were given the grand tour and met the man of the house, Jackson, a giant black lab mix with the best lazy demeanor ever. Nya decided it would be best if we started the evening with the most bizarre ice cream parlor I've ever experienced. Molly Moon's is an ice creamery that serves almost the equivalent ice cream to that of Harry Potters nasty jelly beans (but the ice cream doesn't have vomit as a flavor). Ashley and I both got the honey lavendar, which was like cold, creamed tea, and I added a scoop of the best chocolate ice cream I've ever had! Nya told me I needed to at least sample one of the more bizarre flavors so I went with Balsamic Strawberry. It wasn't too different than normal strawberry. Nya got black licorice ice cream. they also had Salted Caramel, Maple Walnut, etc.

(We didn't plan this trip to revolve around ice cream, but somehow, it happened!)

After that, we headed to a look out that Nya and Mandy had heard about. We drove up and up and finally came to a spot we could walk out to and eat our ice scream, admiring the Seattle scenery at night. It was beautiful!

When we got back, Ashley headed over to her friend Willy's, Mandy went to bed, and Nya and I sat up late watching youtube vidoes, laughing our heads off. It was so great to be together once again, just laughing and dorking around. I've missed that girl so much!

the next morning we headed downtown for our Underground Seattle Tour! We were thrilled to be doing this! They had this place on an episode of Ghost Hunters (which Ashley and I are obsessed with) and were ready to investigate! We arrived early so we decided to go get some Mediterranean food just across the street. That's where we had lunch Billy Bob Thornton. Willy confirmed this as he stared him down as we left.

(The restaurant we ate at and had lunch with Billy Bob Thornton.)

I don't know if you know of the history of Seattle, but being a part history major, I'd like to educate you. On June 6, 1889, a man named John E. Back inadvertently started a grease fire which spread 29 square city blocks. Fortunately, no one was hurt. There's a lot more of Seattle's history that I could go into, including plumbing problems causing sewer issues, etc, but I'll let you look that up yourself... Anyhoo, they decided to basically build the city on top of the old town. Hence, the underground tour. Many of the first floors of the buildings in Seattle are now basements.

The tour was quite entertaining and I was sure to take photo after photo. you know me and my documentation. :) We did see one dead thing... a rat that was in an alley between underground portions... But, no paranormal activity, although we did observe a few cool spots, but, you know, we're underground. It was a blast though!

(Underground Tour. Ashley was pointing out a cold spot and I heard a noise...)

After the tour, Nya took us down to the ferries. We were on a quest to find the best ice cream. (Total theme to this trip right?) We enjoyed the 35 minute ferry ride to Bainbridge. So much beauty to be had! the Seattle skyline was gorgeous! Mt. Ranier brought us to a discussion on Twilight (poor Nya just doesn't understand). We finally arrived to our destination and off we went, walking to the ice cream place called Mora. We all got 2 scoops, well, aside from Willy who decided on 3. I must say that Ashley's blueberry was the best I'd ever tasted! My strawberry cheesecake was pretty average, but my chocolate peanut butter was a dream! So delicious!! All in all, we decided that Molly Moon's was best between the two.

By the time we got back to the dock in Seattle, we were pretty tired. We were told by many that we had to experience Pike's Place Market, so we walked there next. Elevator it was! I figured we'd had enough exercise for the day even though we had to walk all the way back to the car. Why not give ourselves a break? It was pretty cool seeing all of the stuff and people there. We finally arrived to the fish tossing area where we stopped and took some pictures. Not too much tossing, but a lot of yelling! We then went into Nya's favorite little shop there that has food from all around Europe. Very cool store! I was hoping to find Tim Tams but I guess they are too Australian for them...

By the time we got back to Nya's we were all in zombie mode... until I busted out the episode of Ghost Hunters of the Underground Tour we had just done! It's always cool to see something on TV and then live, or vice versa! We watched several episodes as I tried to put a little fear into them with the creepiest ones. Then it was time to head out once again. Seriously, this is how you do Seattle in a day!

Nya and Mandy's friend was playing with a band at a place called The Tractor. We made a detour by stopping at the Freemont Troll! VERY cool! I guess a bunch of college students did this project to help prevent some negative things from happening in that area. The troll is also featured on the movie 10 Things I Hate About You. We got to The Tractor and really enjoyed the bands. By midnight, when all was said and done, we were exhausted to say the least. We got back to Nya's and crashed. Hard. What a fun time we'd had in Seattle!!

(The Fremont Troll. That's a REAL VW Bug it's got a hold of and a hubcap for its eye!)

The next morning, we woke up a little later than planned, go figure, and headed back to California. This would be the day we drove in 3 states! Off to San Jose or Santa Rosa, whichever worked out for the best!

(so sad to have to leave! One full day is not enough!)

0 comments: