BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ouchy Update...

Remember that trip to Urgent Care where I had elevated white blood cells a while back?  Well, since then I've gone to the doctor's a couple times and last week I had an upper endoscopy performed.  That's when they take a tube with a camera on the end and stick it down my throat and check out my esophagus and stomach.


Diagnosis (so far):  Hiatal Hernia.

For those of you who don't know what that is, it means my stomach is pretty much trying to escape my body.  Your diaphragm has a hole in it where the esophagus goes through.  Well, my stomach has decided to try and escape through that hole so now part of the top of my stomach is lodged in that hole.  Not very comfortable.  In fact, I'm wondering why the people at Urgent Care in Hawaii didn't think about something like that.  Aren't they the experts?  Oh no, just give me some numbing medicine, ultrasound my gallbladder (not my stomach where it was actually hurting) and send me home on a bland diet.  Perfect.

Next step is tomorrow.  I have another appointment to get an ultrasound on my gallbladder to make sure I don't have stones (Kimber, are you reading this?).  So I'm wondering, is a hiatal hernia the result of gallstones?  Seems kind of strange to me, but then again, I'm not the doctor.

So, I'll keep you updated on the outcome.  I've been doing a gluten free diet for the past week or so and it does seem like it's helping -- just not 100%.  All I have to say is, I'm even MORE thankful for Trader Joe's than I was before!

2 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I'll ask my dad for ya...but gay gay gay! If your pain is anything like mine, I really feel for you! Sorry Hollie! (or Hedi, whichever you prefer.:) )

Livin-It-Up said...

Ouch... get that fixed!