BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pebble Beach with Cousin Linda.

A few weekends ago, I had the incredible opportunity to drive up north to Pebble Beach, CA.  My cousin, Linda, lives there and was ready for our company so she invited us up.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Pebble Beach, it is a private residential area where the US Open Golf Tournament is held every year.  You can pay a fee to enter the beach and do what's called 17 Mile Drive.  There are fantastic houses, golf courses (that cost bucco bucks to play on), the beach, and even deer!  And Monterey, CA is about 15 minutes away!

So, my oldest sister, Traci and her husband, Chris, came and picked me up and we made the 7 hour drive.  First we decided to stop and eat lunch in Carmel.  Carmel is a cute little area with tons of little shops and restaurants.  I ended up getting a couple of really cute magnets.  One says, "I'm pretty certain that given a cape and a tiara I could save the world."  How adorable is that?

Anyway, we made it to cousin Linda's  and I have to admit that she is THEE greatest hostess I've EVER had!  Better than any fancy hotel I've ever stayed in!  Plus, she's adorable and SO much fun!  I had my own room and bathroom and so did my traveling companions.  She even taxi drove us to the Monterey Aquarium and picked us up because she didn't want us to get lost.  Just adorable!

(Thee biggest donut we've ever seen!)

The Monterey Aquarium was fantastic!  Oh, did I mention that we got in free because her brother, sister in law and their friend had passes they let us use?  Yeah.  Awesome.  The Aquarium was a lot of fun!  And it's the first place I've ever seen a couple of 7 Gilled Sharks in real life!  It was plenty of fun!

(First 7 Gilled Shark in real life!)

(One of the many Leopard Sharks in the Kelp Forest Habitat)


Cousin Linda then picked us up and made us dinner -- delicious enchiladas and salad with yummy cilantro ranch dressing!  (We got the recipe for that one.)  Great conversations and lots of hugging.

The next day, we went to Big Sur.  On the way there, we stopped at a national park and did a little hiking, taking some pictures of the gorgeous beaches.  Afterward, we had lunch at this fantastic Moroccan-ish place, called Nepenthe.  It was so good and had a beautiful view, since it was literally on a cliff above the ocean.  And of course, we had to scope out the gift shop where Traci got some awesome cards.  My favorites include:


"Since you're older, can you pay?"

and

"I cannot wait for the endless conversations about your new baby."

Hahaha!  Awesome.


(Cousin Linda, Tra and me)

(One of the views at the National Park)

Later that night, we decided to make dinner for Cousin Linda, her brother, Don and his wife, Susie.  traci and I were more like "the help" while Chris made Morton's Steakhouse's Chicken Christopher and lava cakes!  It was soooo yummy!  And again, lots of fun conversations and hugs!

(Having the time of our lives! Linda, me, Don, Susie, Chris and Traci)

It was such a good time going back there after having not been there for several years!  I told Cousin Linda I'd come visit more often.  I can't wait for the next time!!

2 comments:

Livin-It-Up said...

How much for this bed and breakfast!?!? I'm in!! Looks like an awesome trip! I've been wanting to go to Monteray Bay Aquarium since I was about 5.... jealous!

Maurice&Tash said...

mmm made me want to go up there. I love it there. If those are your real photos from the aquarium I am very impressed.
One Note... there was an ELEPHANT DONUT on your blog...did it taste like a circu animal or sugary goodness?