BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yee Haw!!

(Me, silly faced Kieran, and Danielle ready for the rodeo!)

I went to my first rodeo a few weekends ago.  I wasn't sure how I'd do, but I am easily entertained.  I met up with Danielle and her son, Kieran and we were off.

The rodeo took place in a town called Norco, which, who knew, is also known as Horse Town USA.  Now, I don't travel much to what we call "The I.E." or "The 909" because... well... there really isn't anything there for me except a drive in theater!  I know,  I admit, I am a total Orange County snob.  Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of friends that have lived or currently live there!  Nothing against them!  Well... most of them.  HAHA!  Anyway, I digress.  We pull off the freeway and are blown away as to how cute this town really is!  It's very old country western and is super cute!  As we drove the main street, I was reminded of the small towns of Utah.  It seems like a really cute place to live.  Especially since they had hitching posts in front of almost all of the little stores and restaurants.  Super cute!

Now i've never been to a rodeo so I had no idea what to expect.  Luckily, I'd recently seen the movie Did You Hear About the Morgans? so I had an idea of what it would be like.  Well, it was a lot smaller than I thought!  I guess it's a good thing it was my first one so I didn't experience the best rodeo first!  (I sort of did that with Scuba diving but I do not regret that at all!)

(Roping. Man, these guys are quick!)

After getting food (and defiantly using the nasty port-a-potties), we took our seats in some stands in a corner.  there were tons of cowboy hats and we immediately set that as a mandatory purchase!  We quickly became friends with the lady who wreaked of stale cigarettes and had a blast!  We saw Barrel Racing, Bull Riding, Roping and more!  It was such a blast!


I can't say that I would go every weekend to one of these types of events since I prefer a little variety in my life, but it was definitely a fun time!  Fun people, fun events and good eye candy too!  Very important, haha!

(Bull riding!  Sorry about the sound...)

1 comments:

Livin-It-Up said...

Well, now that I live in the "I.E." and actually know what that stands for, I'm ready when you are! I already got me a cowboy hat!