BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Introduction

Aloha from Hawaii!


As most of you, or perhaps not many of you know, my dear friend Marisa and I are about to embark on the journey of a lifetime!  This Thursday, we will be heading down under for some veggie-mite and kangaroo jerky.  Mmmmm...  We will be staying in Sydney and then in Cairns where we will be on a live aboard called Spirit of Freedom (thanks for the recommendation Kevin).  For those of you who are not sure what this "live aboard" thing is, it is basically a boat we will be "living aboard" on (weird how that works) for a total of 7 days. Now within these 7 days, will be 27 total dives off the Great Barrier Reef, etc.  Like I said, a once in a lifetime opportunity, right??



australia-new-zealand-locations.jpg


After our adventures in diving and Cairns, we fly back to Sydney and then down to Middle Earth.  (Yes, I am a nerd, but then again, so are many of you...)  New Zealand!  One of our dreams come true, seeing the beauty and the cultures -- not to mention the LOTR tour we are taking.  Go ahead.  Laugh and point.  But you know what?  We're going to be in New Zealand while you are working, so there! ;)

While we are away, we will be posting (hopefully daily) blogs to keep you up to speed of our fun in Oz and NZ.  We will do our best to update it!  Please feel free to leave comments -- we encourage them of course, but please be tactful in that our mothers will be reading these too. :)  
One more day of work at Sea Life Park and we're out for almost 3 weeks!!!  Yay!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Jealous! Why do you get to go to all the good places when I am always stuck at home?!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

oh my gosh, please take like a bazillion pictures of middle earth so I can live vicariously through you!!!!!! AMAZING, Im so jealous!!!!!
be safe and dont get eaten by Bruce while diving! love you!

Anonymous said...

I do appreciate the credit for the recommendation and exploration of your diving experience. You will enjoy it more then words and pictures can say. As your instructor, please follow their rules, dive safely, and make me look good! I'll be keeping track, but I know you won't have internet connection while on the live-aboard. Enjoy yourselves!
~Kevin

Val Benincosa Sr. said...

We look forward to all the pictures and comments you send back. We hope you have a great Birthday down there and we will miss you until you get back.
Love you lots

Risa said...

we are amazing...

Monica said...

Wow! I am so excited for you! It sounds like you are already having a great time. 27 dives in one week! I am excited to hear how that goes. Say Hi to the volkswagon cod for me. See you at our wedding!!

Love ya,
Monica and Anthony