BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Out With the Old, In With the New!

It seems to me that I should pole vault on to this giant bandwagon of bloggers* posting reviews of their experiences last year.  After all, it IS the new year right?  2009 is now just a memory of the past.  It's time to look to the future of 2010...

Then why the heck dwell on the past?

I have to be honest with all of you... 2009 may have been THEE worst year of my life.  Of course there were many wonderful events that happened!  I gained 2 new nieces, Jaiden Lily and Anne (Cozy) Cossette.  I visited Hawaii to see Family and Friends.  I got to experience the famous Manta Ray Dive off Big Island and watch 15 Mantas do acrobatics (and get hit in the head a couple times).  I went skydiving.  I was visited by amazing Friends from out of state.  I went to Disneyland... A LOT...  But all of these fun events are already posted on this blog.  These were the experiences that kept my head above water while experiencing a terrible, terrible year.

And so, to 2009?  I bid you an effing adieu.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Family and Friends, I could not have survived last year without Your love and support.  You are the silver lining to the clouds of 2009.  Without You I would have given up treading water and drowned.  It is because of You that I have these positive experiences to add to my happiness.  And I thank You.  Immensely.  Do me a favor right now and wrap Your arms around Yourself and give Yourself a GIANT hug from me!

It is time to move on.  Bring on 2010!!!

Oh, and another thing... I'm not quite sure how we're doing this... What are we calling it?  20-10? 0-10? '10?  I think I'm sticking with 20-10...

Anyhoo, I wish You a happy and prosperous 20-10!  I leave You with this fantastic song from an artist recommended by my favorite female artist, Ingrid Michaelson.

Xoxo to You all!!






Lyrics:
Another year you made a promise
another chance to turn it all around
and do not save this for tomorow
embrace the past and you can live for now
and I will give the world to you
Speak louder than the words before you
and give them meaning no one else has found
The role we play is so important
we are the voices of the undergroud
and I would give the world to you
Say everything you've always wanted,
be not afraid of who you really are,
cause in the end we have each other,
and thats at least one thing worth living for,
and I would give the world to you
A million suns that shine upon me
A million eyes you are the brightest blue
Lets tear the walls down that divide us
and build a statue strong enough for two,
I pass it back to you
and I will beat for you,
cause I would give the world
and I would give the world
and I would give the world to you
This is the new year
A new begining
You made a promise
You are the brightest
We are the voices
This is the new year
We are the voices
This is the new year
<3

* This post, in no way, is trying to offend anyone, nor make any blogger that has posted a blog with the topic of "Review of 2009" feel ashamed.  This post only reflects the feelings and opinions of the author.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard that this year sucked for alot of people. I feel almost guilty that I loved it so much...even with all the hard things. I'm glad you're ready to embrace this new year! Hope it brings you to Portugal at some point!

Rowdy Family said...

Holly! I wish I was a little closer to enjoy the new year with you. miss ya love ya