BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Hunt is On!

(Note the "Hoppy Easter.")

Easter 2010 was a blast, as usual.  We got to stay at home and watch church on TV, thanks to General Conference.  (This was after finding my Easter basket in the bathtub this year. And yes, I do still get a basket!)  This year was special because my niece, Jaiden (now called Jady, thanks to her cousin Jackie naming her 'Jady Lady') was here with my sister Tiffany and husband Sean.

(Got to love Robin Eggs candy... Using it as lipstick.)

Jady is now 1 year old and was SUCH a blast to have around!  I even got to babysit her the last Friday night they were in town and what a fun girl she is!  She is obsessed with seeing herself in mirrors and on my Mac's camera!  She eve dances with herself!

Anyway, Easter was very fun!  One of the Benincosa traditions is big Easter Egg Hunt.  My siblings and cousins and I are all grown adults, the youngest being 22 years old (although Ashley had to miss out this year since she moved to Portland) and my parents still provide an egg hunt for us.   Let me tell you, it gets vicious!  no joke!  There are NO kids allowed in this hunt!  I don't even really know how it all began...  I know that Gramma used to put money in the eggs, so that was motivation for sure!

(Tiffer and I on the hunt with a truce not to steal each other's eggs.)

This year, my brother in law, Chris, had his family come and partake.  They even joined the Annual Benincosa Easter Egg Hunt!  I must say, they did a great job!  Especially since Jim, the father of the family, found the coveted Golden Egg.  Nice work Jim!  Several of us even found egss from last year's hunt!  Chris even found the last Gramma egg, which held $5!

Of course, I won.  I win every year because I'm THAT amazing.  (Not to mention, everyone cheats.  We learned it from Gramma, the President of the Liar's Club...)

(Traci and Chris getting appetizers started.)

(Tiffer prepping her Easter Basket Cake.)

(Pickle showing off her new Bunny Slippers from her basket.)

(the Godfather with his basket, which is also used during Christmas, if you weren't sure..)

3 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I used to always use red M&Ms for lipstick...I bet robin eggs work even better!

ps...why is there an issue of O Magazine in your dad's basket?! hhaha

Maurice&Tash said...

um, why is there an Oprah magazine in Val's basket?

Holls said...

Haha, actually the basket was for both my dad and my mom :) Why? you don't think The Godfather likes reading Oprah? Lol!