BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mommy and Me.



Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to take Pickle, my mom, whale watching! Thanks be to my baby sister, Ashley, for donating her free rain check vouchers. (She moved to Portland and they were to expire at the end of the month.) I had gone a few weeks prior with some of my close friends with great success. This time, I decided it would be fun to spend time with my mom.

We drove to Balboa and got our tickets. While we were waiting to board, we enjoyed each other's company. I tried to help her out with her cell phone because she had internet added. My mom, being the hip woman that she is, was trying to figure out how to set up her facebook account on her phone. Seriously. She's super savvy.

Anyway, it was our turn to board and on our way up to the boat, we spotted a Round Stingray just chilling by the boat and dock! I was very tempted to pet her but she was just out of my reach. Anyway, we headed to our seats, while making friends with some ladies from Texas. 

(Bitty Stingray welcoming us to the boat.)

It was a blast!! My mom is an animal lover like me, so everything we saw was super exciting! We saw 3 Grey Whales and I tried to get heaps of pictures, but none of them really turned out too well since they were far from the boat. They weren't as exciting as some of the Humpbacks I've seen, since all we saw them do was come up for air. It was still a lot of fun. We also saw some California Sea Lions and a mega-pod of Common Dolphins.

(Stinky Sea Lions lay on top of each other to get some rays.)

(Grey Whale spout. Super close to shore too!)


(One of the hundreds of Common Dolphins.)

Overall, it was not a bad trip for my mom's first time whale watching! Even if we hadn't seen as much as we did, it's always a fun spending time with her.

(Nigel, the welcoming committee, greeting us back to the harbor.)

0 comments: