BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 2, 2010

A Benincosa Here, A Benincosa There.

Last week we had our Biannual Benincosa Family Reunion.  These are the relatives on my dad's side who pretty much make up the population of Utah.  My dad has 6 living siblings so it's usually a really good turn out!  But with 45-ish cousins, I still forget names.  Luckily, I knew (mostly) everyone's name since a lot of relatives stayed home (which is a bummer, considering my family always attends, every time, even though they're always in Utah).

(The conspirators: Mom, Auntie Jo, Gramma, Auntie Ree and Auntie Barb.)

(Cousin Bobbi and Auntie Melinda.)

My gramma turned 92 this year so it was an amazing happening when my dad's 3 sisters chose my hometown of Huntington Beach to have the reunion.  My gramma does NOT like to travel.  She specifically hates flying so she was a passenger in a three car caravan.

(VJ and his beautiful family with Gramma B. Oh and Skeeter, her bodyguard.)

The best part about this reunion, although it wasn't as good as a turn out as they've been when they're in Utah, was that all of my own siblings and their families (sans Seanie, Tiffer's hubby) showed up!  It's always so much fun when all of my family is together.  Nothing but lot and lots of laughter and noise!  What a blast having all of their babies around too!  Nothing but fun!

(Cosa sisters (sans Gina) reunited!)

The reunion consisted of such events as relay races in the park with a surprise birthday cake and song for my gramma, a bonfire night (which was great since some of my relatives have never even seen the ocean), and the main event: a miniature golf tournament.  Every reunion we have some sort of tournament like bowling or mini golf.  We even have a trophy to make it legit!

(Auntie Vicky, cousins and cousin's kids, Ash and Tra.)

(Cousin Devon and I.  Totes McGoats!)

(Look at that natural form!  It's no wonder I won the trophy!)


(Silly Uncle Dave.)

(I turned around and this is what I saw: Devon, Uncle Warren and Uncle Rob helping Auntie Melinda dig for shells.)

It was such a blast seeing my extended family.  My Auntie Barb even surprised me with a homemade, hand-sewn quilt with a Hawaiian theme as a thank you when she, her sisters and their husbands came out when I lived there!  I am just amazed at the thoughtfulness and talent of that woman!  She's actually my auntie that my brother and sister say is who I'm going to look like when I grow up.  Every reunion, she and her daughter, Shellie take a triplets picture to see how similar we look.  Shellie couldn't make it this year, so we did a twins picture instead.

(The amazingly talented, Auntie Barb.)

(The amazing quilt she made for me!)

I'm pretty confident in saying I have one of THEE best families in the world.  Period.

1 comments:

Maurice&Tash said...

When I saw your cousin Devon at church and heard it would be a benincosa reunion, I knew that wild family photos would ensue.