BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Girl Crush.

I'm sure that if you've been reading my (randomness) blog, you can tell I have a girl crush on Ingrid Michaelson.  I can't help but love her music.  Like I've said before, it is what I turn to when I need to escape or express myself. Well, last Thursday on May 6, the most amazing thing happened to me...

(Everyone keeps calling me her twin.  I'm ok with that!)

Rewind about a week or two prior...

I had heard Ingrid was playing a secret show in L.A.  I spoke with my sister about it briefly and wanted to go SO bad!  I looked up tickets on the venue's website to buy them.  The words that stared back at me almost made me cry: SOLD OUT.  I was really bummed.  I've never had the opportunity to see Miss Michaelson play live and I had lost my chance, once again.

Thursday came and I'd grown a jealous feeling since I'd found out a couple of my friends had tickets.  I decided I was going to have a good day regardless.  I helped coworkers out more than usual and also gave them compliments.  I drove without my usual road rage and just put positive vibes out into the universe. After work, I stopped at Target to buy the new Charlaine Harris book, which I've been waiting for, and went home.  I went online, as I usually do, and checked my email.  While I was reading an email, a new message popped up -- from Ingrid Michaelson.  I quickly checked it out and read something very exciting: "We have just released 8 tickets for tonight's secret show.  Click here for details."

And so I did.  As I filled out the desired information, I thought to myself, "There's no way.  8 tickets??  I'm sure they're already gone."

 That's when I saw the most exciting sentence yet: "Your transaction has been completed.  You may pick up your tickets at Will Call." YESSS!!!!  Totally serendipitous!

(You and I.)

Gina and I got ready as quickly as possible and made it to see Ingrid Michaelson's secret, solo performance!  We met up with five of our friends and had such a wonderful evening.  I will never forget how much fun it was!  Who knew Ingrid Michaelson was so comical?!  I knew she was funny but some of the things she said just cracked me up!  She even mentioned something about the Target Stabber (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=7424975) stabbing some girl in the back, haha!!

One of my favorite parts was when she said, "I heard someone request the song 'Charlie.'  You know I actually ripped that song off.  Remember that song from TLC called 'Scrub?'  Check this out...."  She then proceeded to play the song 'Charlie' but then sang the lyrics to the TLC song!  We could not stop laughing!  And she sang almost the whole song!  It was fantastic.

(Ingrid kept showing everyone the best way to pose for pix, lol!)

She sang almost all of my favorite songs and even a new song she had written 2 days prior.  It was beautiful and we're hoping she releases it soon!  She then asked us what we thought of her hair because she had just dyed it.  One person replied that it was too dark and should be more orange.  Ingrid then decided to play a song based on the color orange.  She's so funny and amazingly talented!  It was so amazing to listen to her play live!

After Ingrid was done, we hung out a little bit and and just talked about how amazing the performance was.  Our friend Emily disappeared for a little bit and then came in with her camera.  She had just gotten a picture taken with my favorite artist!  So we all moseyed to the entrance of Hotel Cafe and hung out with Ingrid!  She was so gracious and so much fun.  We each took a picture with her, as well as a group shot.  She talked to us for a while and we had such a blast!  You know, just hanging out with Ingrid Michaelson.  Chatting.  Even talking about her love life!  (We promised we wouldn't say a word about the details though.  Sorry.)

(Suzette, April, Me, Ingrid, Jeni, Gina, Christi and Emily.)

Our friend April said the greatest thing to her.  She said, "We would just like to thank whoever the guy was that broke your heart so bad because your last album was just incredible!"  Ingrid took it as a huge compliment and said, "Thank you so much!  It was actually more than one guy."

What an amazing night it was!  She has been my favorite female artist ever since I heard her song on an episode of Grey's Anatomy in 2006.  I had to immediately see who sang it and download it right then and there!

 I am not afraid to say that I have a girl crush on Ingrid Michaelson.

(This one is one of my heartbreak songs)


(This is one of the covers she did, although it's not my video. I LOVE the way she did it though!)

1 comments:

Livin-It-Up said...

You're gorgeous and that's awesome that you got to meet her and hang out with her!!!!