BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

My Person Reunion, Part I.

The phrase, "My Person," was adopted from Grey's Anatomy.  It describes the friendship between Meredith and Christina.  This is how mine and Marisa's relationship is.  BFFFs (adopted from Pineapple Express.)


Well, My Person came out to visit her family, but took a detour to Huntington Beach and hung out with me for a few days.  Our first big event was to see Dinseynature's Oceans.  It was absolutely magnificent!  We are both wondering how we can do that -- swim with the Great White Sharks, film some Humpback Whales, etc.  It was just amazing.
We were going to go to Monterey for the weekend and visit the Monterey Aquarium, but we opted for something a little closer to my house.  We decided on Universal Studios -- which neither of us have been to for however many years.  It had changed quite a bit since the last time either of us were there.  We had a blast though and it turned out we picked a great day to go, too!


We pretty much accomplished everything we wanted!  We even checked out the new Simpsons ride and had a blast!  It's where Back to the Future used to be, so it's another virtual/simulator ride.  It's pretty fun though!  We also ran into lots of characters, which just seems to always happen when we go to these types of parks!  Beetlejuice even gave us kisses (yuck!) after we danced with a Mummy, Wolfman and Frankenstein's Monster.
(even ran into Paul Walker)
(and Vin Diesel...)

The best part of the whole day was when I FINALLY did something I've ALWAYS wanted to do!!!  You know how sometimes when you're standing in a line there's that someone behind you (usually a foreigner who doesn't understand the concept of personal space) and they're touching you??  Well, after about 5-10 minutes of this lady, literally, with no space between her and I, I just couldn't take it anymore!  I finally turned around, knowing she didn't speak a lick of English, and put the palm of my hand in her face (probably about 2 inches or so) and said in a very enunciated way, "STAY."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!  I've always wanted to do that!  We couldn't stop laughing the rest of the day.  It was awesome and it totally worked!






After our fun day at Universal Studios (and Marisa making me go on Jurassic Park and get sopping wet --why must you always make me do those rides?!) we went to one of my favorite L.A. places that I haven't been to in a few years: Diddy Riese's.  It is just fantastic!!!  What it is, is this little cookie bakery/ice cream parlor.  They serve an ice cream cookie sandwich, with fresh baked cookies of your choice, and a scoop of ice cream, your choice, all for $1.50.  It is the perfect dessert!  I got my normal treat of 2 chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter ice cream (which has chunks of real peanut butter in).  Sooooo tasty!

It was a fantastic day for the both of us!  Just some great Southern California tourist fun!

Oh yeah, and we totally hung out with Miley Cyrus at Universal Studios...

2 comments:

Maurice&Tash said...

I'm impressed at your CALI tourism. You are a sport! Better yet I'm impressed by your "Stay"- takes guts but is so necessary sometimes!

Risa said...

could u please send me a Diddy Reese ice cream sandwich please... that would be greatly appreciated! :0)

p.s. i wish i had taken a pic of u telling the annoying ladies to stay.. that would have been awesome!