BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Apple Butter Festival Or Bust.


Yesterday I finally made it to the Annual Apple Butter Festival in Yucaipa.  A few of my closest friends have gone for the past few years and I was so excited to go this year!  We met up at my house in the morning and, of course, got our road trip breakfast at McDonald's, and were on our way for the hour drive.  (Yes, anything an hour or more deserves road trip food.)

When we first got there, all bundled up in our beanies, gloves and big coats, we went into the store for some shopping.  After $20 I came out with some Apple Butter (naturally), Apple Salsa, a stuffed mushroom mix, and a giant pickle for a snack.  They had some very delicious items!  I actually just ate some toast with apple butter on it for breakfast.
(Danielle, Stephanie and Jaime going down the trail.)

After shopping we went to the petting zoo and played with goats, a sheep, a sneaky food stealing llama, a donkey (pet at your own risk, but he loved me), and a horse.  My friend's 4 year old son had a blast with the animals but was so nervous walking around because he didn't want to step in animal droppings...
(I have always loved canopied trails!)


When we finished taking some fun pictures in the petting zoo area, we decided to walk one of the trails and go on a nature hike.  It is so gorgeous in there and just so peaceful.  I haven't done a walk like that in quite a while it seems!  We didn't see too much wildlife but we had fun...  Until we got lost.  We ended up on a road but luckily we all have a pretty good sense of direction so we ended up hiking uphill on a main road.  We finally made it up the giant hill and I spotted the petting zoo!  We had somehow come out the complete opposite side of where the trail began!  Of course, we documented by taking a hitchhiking photo, haha!

(A few Redwood trees on the trail.)

We continued on to the next area and ate some lunch, shopped some more, fed some deer (including an albino deer), and finally ended the day with hot apple cider and mini cinnamon doughnuts.  What a blast it was!  We piled back into the car to see it was 34 degrees and blasted the heat on our way home.  It was such a great day with great friends and I am so happy I didn't miss out this year!  Sometimes, you just need a girls day out to lift your spirits!

1 comments:

Holls said...

Oh, btw, all of these pictures were taken with my amazing phone! Love that little thing!