BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Cosa Christmas.

(While shopping for stocking stuffers, we came across this gem)

(Gi and I, Christmas Tree decoration success!)

This year, Christmas was pretty small.  It's always a good time, no matter who is there, but we were definitely missing some of our loved ones.

Traci and Chris only made it for Christmas Eve, which was a very heart-wrenching time for Traci since she has never missed out on a Christmas.  VJ and his family stayed in Portland with his in laws.  Plus, with 3 kids it just gets more difficult to travel.  Tiffer and Seanie stayed in Maryland since Tiffer is ready to pop with her baby, Nixie.  They celebrated their own Christmas but were sure to Skype with the parents early in the morning so they can witness Jaiden running with excitement to greet her new gigantic Nemo stuffed animal.

(JK sporting her Christmas fun as well as her obvious request for front teeth)

And so Christmas Eve followed our tradition of reading The Christmas Story out of the old Bible and then going around the room taking turns opening one special gift.  Since Traci and Chris were going to miss out on the big day, we allowed them to open everything, including stockings.  This year was a little different in that we each contributed to the whole stocking event.  Well, there wasn't enough room for my contribution so I did what anyone else would do in this situation; I dropped my piles of stocking stuffers amongst the both of them.

(The Godfather reading The Christmas Story as per tradition)

(Ready with our one present to open Christmas Eve!)

(Ash was spooning that doll all night long.)

(No surprise here.)

(The BEST present of all from Traci and Chris.  This is my parents' song.)

The next morning was a little different than I'm used to.  I woke up first, of course.  After all, having a job where I wake up before sunrise kind of trains me to continue the tradition.  I settles for 9am to go in and wake up the parents.... And then they sent me back to bed...  So around 11, I think it finally was, we all started out Christmas Day.

I think the best part of the whole morning was watching my parents open my gifts to them: cans and cans of food storage, wrapped individually.  Hey, it just makes for more gifts to open!  They were both very excited to receive what they asked for from Santa!

(A few of the 20 cans I wrapped for the parents)

(Total happiness with the new presents!)

We had our typical Christmas dinner which included me making stuffed mushrooms and artichoke dips as appetizers, and honey baked ham, Ash's Cheesecake Factory mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, and the works!  My parents invited a family over to help feast and we ended the night playing a ridiculous game called Quelf.

(Nothing is better than Peanut Butter for Gi.)

(My new coif from my stylist, Ash)

Great fun was had by all!  I missed some of my siblings but that's what happens when we grow up.  It sucks, but I know they're having a great time with their own families.  I hope everyone else had a fabulous Christmas like I did!

2 comments:

Maurice&Tash said...

that looks like a blast!! Thanks for the tale. Pickle really did want food storage as did I. I am happy to see all her dreams come true.

Unknown said...

This Christmas was odd for me too. I was alone, in a new house. Parents worked all day, and I sort of stayed that way until the two sisters and new bro in law came over that night. I need to work on some traditions of my own!