BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Found Fun!

New Years Eve day I had the best first date I've ever experienced with a guy.  After meeting at Jon's Coffee Shop, we went Geocaching.

It's my new favorite hobby and it's FREE!  It's also outdoors so you get fresh air, gets your mind thinking, and gives you great exercise too!  The first one we went to was called "Mickey's Coffee Shop" and was near enough to the coffee shop for us to walk to.  After entering the coordinates into his GPS device, we walked to the designated spot and the searching began.  It wasn't even a minute before he spotted where he thought the cache (pronounced 'cash') would be.  He lifted up a part of a light post and this is what we found:

(Mickey's Coffee House)

How fun is that?!  After this cache, I was so excited we did 2 more.  It was such a blast!!  It has become my new hobby and I am sharing the experience with anyone who wants to learn.  In fact, Friday, my friend Jenn came over to my parents' and after eating some Chinese food, we walked over to the park nearby and did out own geocaching.  Unfortunately, I didn't quite know how to use the application I downloaded onto my Blackberry so we failed the first one.  Luckily, I knew the area where the second one entitled "Diamond in the Rough" was located.  That one was a success and now she is hooked too!

Today I took my sister Gina out for some geocaching, while getting some exercise at the same time.  We went to "Rabbit's Lair" and after some hunting, found the cache and all the fun stuff inside!


Our second hunt was for the cache called "Shark Slaughter Seriously South of Slater."  This was by far my favorite cache of all time!  I think it's going to be tough to beat because this one was actually hidden inside a toy shark!  Gina found this tough to find one.  Who knew it would be in that weird drain-like thing?!  Gross, but WAY fun!



I am so excited to continue this hobby!  I am going to Maryland in February to meet my newest niece Nixie Rose (due January 28th) as well as celebrate my niece Jaiden's 2nd birthday.  I have already listed new waypoints for some geocaching fun near Tiffer and Seanie's house!  It'll be interesting doing this in the snow...  I can't wait for these new fun mini adventures!

1 comments:

Maurice&Tash said...

my cousins are obsessed with geocaching! I may have to check it out!