BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Single Awareness Day!

Last Saturday I decided to have a Single Awareness Day party with my single (and a couple of not so single) girl friends.  I have decided to embrace my single-hood and what better way to do it than to celebrate my happiness with my closest girl friends?

My friend Jenn helped me host the shindig at my house.  After getting a couple new pieces of furniture and some flowers and decor, my house was suitable to have such an event.  We were very excited and of course bought way too much food!  I take after my mother in that way, learning from the best hostess I've ever known.  We had apples with caramel, a veggie platter, cherry cordial chocolates, Diva conversation hearts (they were sparkly too!), cupcakes and ordered pizza.  Oh and Sprite as our bubbly. ;)

(Jenn and I, the hostesses with the mostesses.)

We talked and talked while playing Friends in the background, which is one of my all time favorite TV shows.  when everyone had arrived we put on the very appropriate film My Bloody Valentine.  It was hilarious watching the flick and just making fun of everything.  After all, it was the original 1981 movie!  It was such a great time!
(Laughing my heart out with Jaime and Steph.)

It's evenings like this where I am so happy to be single; where I can just decide to do something like this without asking permission or worry about leaving someone out!  Where all of my girls can come together and share laughs about laugh and help me remember why I love the friends I have!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Single Awareness Day (S.A.D., lol) or, if you celebrated with a loved one, a happy Valentine's Day!

(I didn't get pix with everyone, but I think you get the idea.  Oh yes and it was pajama attire!  Got to be comfy on Single Awareness Day!  HAHA!)

0 comments: